Apr 30, 2008

New Coldplay

In the goodness of their hearts, Coldplay has released a song from their new album for free. For the rest of this week, "Violet Hill" can be downloaded from coldplay.com. This is the first release from the new album "Viva la Vida" which comes out in June.


The song is very interesting and I don't know what to make of it. Violet Hill has a darker tone, or at least it feels like it to me. I have always been a bigger fan of the slower songs by Coldplay. Between the lyrics, guitar, and the long silent prelude and exit. it feels darker. Coldplay has said this album will be what they are going to be known for. They have also said there will be a song that whole World has to hear. Pretty bold claims.
I personally feel a little bitter, it has been 3 years since the release of X&Y, which had some great songs, but had its shortcomings. Even though there aren't too many songs, I expect big things from this album.

No comments: