Oct 6, 2009

Birthday Time!

So we both recently celebrated our 24th birthdays (Bran on Sep. 11 and mine on Sep. 27). We didn't really do anything spectacular for our birthdays, but they were relaxing (at least for me). I used to be really excited for my birthday, but as I get older, it seems like birthdays are more frequent! And besides, when you're old, no one else really cares about your birthday like when you were a kid.Before our birthday's, we decided not to get each other anything because there are other things that our money needs to go towards. My Mom got Brandon this really cool fruit basket from Edible Arrangements that was perfect! He can be such a health nut, so this was awesome. I forgot to take pictures of it before we started eating it, so there are some bare spots in our fruit bouquet.

For my birthday however, Brandon broke the rule of not buying anything and got me a new plant! It's an Anthurium, but I think that is the general type of plant, I think there is a specific name for this plant, I'm just not sure what it is! So here are some pictures of me with the new plant...I love how it has pink blooms!

And here I am with my 3 children. If you'll recall from our February post, we had 3 plants then too, but one of them died a few months ago:( So this is my replacement "child".
Also, my Mom sent me a few things for my birthday and this was one of them. It was a tin full of Mrs. Field's cookies! They were super yummy! I kept it at school and when I was feeling stressed, I had cookies to rescue me! (Disclaimer: I normally do not condone emotional eating.)

3 comments:

Jen Bailey said...

Yay! You're back. Nice posts. Love you both.

Brandon said...

Why am I only finding out about the Mrs. Field cookies now? You never mentioned/shared them. :(

Anonymous said...

Happy really belated birthday Brandon. Bri it is so funny to look at pictures of you and Natalie and how much the two of you look alike. Brandon I think the hiding of treats is a Girse thing. I went to get something out of Niks van one day and found a whole stash of snacks. Miss you guys.