Nov 1, 2010

Cooper updates


Well, our little boy is growing up so fast! He is almost 8 months old now and is nearly fully grown. He is mostly housebroken, but still has accidents. He got fixed on September 10th and had to wear a cone for 10 days! Most dogs hate their cones, but he grew to love his! When we took it off, he wanted it back!

He has a few best friends that he loves to play with when he gets a chance: Frank the black lab, Koa the blue heeler, and Bailey the little tiny Pomeranian/something else I can't remember mix. Bailey is a fourth of Cooper's size, but loves to be slobbered on by him! He also likes "Kitty" the outdoor cat that isn't afraid of Cooper. He has yet to get close enough to actually smell the cat though, but I think he is still trying to figure out what cats are exactly. Aside from playing with his friends, he loves to cuddle, eat ice cubes and peanut butter, take walks, chew on sticks and look out the windows.

Cooper also loves to eat and destroy anything he can. Recently, his accomplishments include: tearing up and eating part of a $10 bill, eating part of a mouse pad, eating and completely destroying our headphones, shattering Bri's glasses (they were plastic lenses), lots and lots of toilet paper (which is kind of funny sometimes), our remote buttons, Brandon's phone is in really bad shape, he ate his puppy teeth ( I had them on my dresser and he got up there and ate them), magazines, and I'm sure there are lots of others! It sounds like we don't watch him, but we do and he will grab something as fast as he can and run off with it! He is really fast and good at running around the couch to the point where it takes both of us to catch him!

Discipline is really tricky for us, well for me actually. Cooper is so good around Brandon...he just sleeps and relaxes all day because he feeds off of Bran's calm energy. And he listens to Brandon when he tells him to stop doing something. He just has to say "hey" and hold up a finger and Cooper stops immediately. When I'm around though, he is really hyper because he feeds off my "constantly on-the-go" energy. And when he is doing something he's not supposed to and I hold a finger up like Bran does, he jumps up to bite it! Totally different worlds!

Here he is post surgery. The day of his surgery he just laid around and was really sad, but then the next day, he was back to his normal self, just with a cone on his head!



And here is a little sweatshirt that I made for him from a sweatshirt I cut up. He seemed to enjoy it for a little while.




No comments: