Jun 6, 2011

Meet Conan


Conan is the newest addition to our family. He moved in with us on March 28, 2011. He and Cooper are actually half-brothers (they share the same dad).

Conan was born, December 20, 2009 and was adopted by another family. He lived with them for about a year, but then was returned to the breeder because they couldn't keep him anymore. Well, our breeder posted his ad on facebook and I instantly wanted him! We had been thinking about getting another dog because Cooper needs a full time dog friend in our house. Bran thought it was a bad idea and was not excited to go and meet Conan because he knew that I would probably want him. We took Cooper with us to see if they would get a long and they were instant BFFs. So we brought him home!


The only problem was that he was not fixed, so he had dominance issues and wanted to mark on everything! But we were willing to take him in and get him fixed, which we did very quickly!

This is Conan, post surgery.

Conan has tuned out to be such a sweetheart. He listens better than Cooper, doesn't really mess with stuff or tear things up, he has incredibly good balance and he's really gentle with little kids and other dogs. He and Cooper play all day long until they are too tired to play anymore. When they wrestle, it looks like they are really fighting, but that's just how they play! They actually have become a little pack. Our breeder said that beagles are pack dogs and they are better in packs, rather than alone. We even got them a giant crate and they sleep in it together. We also got them this leash thing that connects their harnesses when we walk, so they have to walk together. It's quite cute how synchronized they have become!



And I love when they are fighting and they both stand on their hind legs and kind of hug each other, while at the same time, they are biting each others faces. (Like the picture below. This was taken on Conan's first night with us.)


He loves to look out the window...well they both do actually...especially around 4pm when I come home from work! In the afternoons, they love to lay on our bed and look out the window.


And as soon as I get home, we MUST go for our daily walk and then once we are done walking, they like to relax in our front yard.


Most people ask, "Isn't it tough having 2 dogs?" and to them, I say "Absolutely not!" It's almost easier, because they keep each other entertained! It's been a lot of fun, and since we got Conan and both dogs now sleep in the same crate together, that means that we have our bed back to just us, and no dogs! Also, people ask if he is named after Conan O'Brien or Conan the Barbarian, and I'm not really sure! His last family named him, so I just say Conan O'Brien, because I love him!

No comments: