Jun 9, 2011

Summer Project : Entry Table

This summer, I'm hoping to complete a lot of different little projects around our house. I have come to the realization that if you OWN a home, you can do whatever you want to it to make it awesome! So here's the start of my summer projects: our entry table. (I actually did this before school got out, but it was on my "summer project" list, so I'm counting it!)


This is the before shot. We got this about a year ago at Ikea for $12 and it's actually a barstool! I wanted something tall (so Cooper can't get things from it, although he still can) and simple looking, but never really thought about painting it! However, I've recently become obsessed with the color gray. I'm not sure why, but I LOVE it! I bought a gray nail polish for my toes and I loved it so much on my toes that when I went to the store to buy table paint, I was literally holding paint swatches to my toes to try and match. Yes, I got some weird looks!


So here's the finished product. It's a pretty easy one to start with, I know, but I'm excited to have more gray in my house and I'm glad that table has a bit more life now!

1 comment:

Mitzi said...

It's SUPER cute! And it fits perfectly under the chair rail.

We're living in the house we hope to buy next year, and I'm brimming with ideas!