In our new house, we have windows that had these dinky little curtains on them (left behind by the previous owners). These curtains served no purpose, except to look cute, but they fell very short of that. The problem was that the sun would come through the windows in the evening and create a huge glare on the tv, thus prohibiting us from seeing anything that was going on. So I decided to attempt to make some cute curtains that would also serve as blackout curtains. Now, I have VERY little sewing experience, so I was very intimidated to try making them. But, I found some cute fabric (paisley!) and came up with a game plan. I borrowed my friend Becca's sewing machine and got to work. Once I got started I was pretty impressed with my work. Of course my lines weren't straight, but I didn't really care...it just adds character! So here are some pics of my curtains!
No comments:
Post a Comment