While I was on spring break, we decided to go to Costco. Well of course, they had a ton of samples out, and I can't really pass up free samples at Costco! The first sample that I got was Pita Chips and some hummus. Well it was pretty good. So good in fact, that I didn't feel it was necessary to chew the chip completely before I swallowed it. So when I swallowed the chip, it really hurt, like one of the corners had scratched my throat! My throat hurt for the rest of the day! Then, it was still hurting the rest of the day. I told Brandon that I thought the chip had cut the inside of my throat, and that it would have to heal itself (he laughed at this idea for some reason!) Well my throat hurt for the next 2 days and then I found a giant white dot in the back of my throat (yikes!) so I went to go get a strep test. The strep test came back negative, but the doctor said that the giant white dot was really a giant kanker sore. Now, I've had kanker sores before, but never in my throat. It hurt to eat, drink, talk, yawn and pretty much everything else. So the moral of the story....be very careful when eating pita chips and be sure to chew them!
No comments:
Post a Comment